What you need:
- 2 Chicken breasts pounded or cut to an even thickness (maximum 1 inch thickness)
- Garlic Salt
- Olive oil
- 1 lb tomatoes (plum tomatoes work best)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup of chopped fresh basil
- Season each side of the chicken breast liberally with Garlic salt and pepper, coat a skillet in olive oil and turn heat on to medium heat. Place chicken in the hot skillet and cook for 4-7 minutes without moving chicken around.
- Flip chicken and cook for 1 minute before turning the skillet off and immediately covering with a tight fitting lid or foil. Do not remove the pan from the burner after turning the heat off. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Chicken will be cooked to desired doneness when the 10 minute timer goes off.
- Drain juices and top chicken with ¼ – ½ cup of bruschetta (depending on size of the breast) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Replace foil over pan for 2 more minutes until chicken is ready to be served.
You may top the chicken with bruschetta and parmesan then place in the broiler for 1-2 minutes in lieu of the final step–just be cautious of drying out your chicken. Double the recipe for a family of 4 or to meal prep.