What you need:
- 1 lb 80/20 ground turkey
- 16 oz bag tri-color coleslaw mix green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or low sodium tamari or soy sauce)
- Brown ground turkey in large non-stick pan on medium-high heat
- Once turkey is cooked (about 5-8 minutes) add in shredded coleslaw mix
- Do this in a large pan or pot so you can stir in the coleslaw without making a mess. It will seem like too much coleslaw, but it will cook down quite a bit.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook while stirring for another 5 minutes or until cabbage and carrots become tender
- Add in coconut aminos, stir and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat and divide into 3 portions
- *Optional: Cook your protein in sesame oil,
- *Optional toppings: top with chili sauce, toasted sesame seeds, or crispy onion straws
Tips: Don’t salt the meat the first time you make this. With the aminos, salting the meat might be a bit too much. Adjust on your second try if needed.
Interested in starting CrossFit with us? Schedule your free consultation HERE!