Okay guys so this is a very easy chicken recipe that’s great for dinner or making a ton of for meal prep!! Alex couldn’t believe the sauce only had three ingredients!! So give this one a try!!
What you need:
- 2 lb chicken
- 1 cup brown rice – uncooked (use a large pot because you will mix all ingredients in this pot in the last step)
- 1 steamer bag of broccoli
- 2-3 TBS butter (you can use oil instead if you want to make healthier)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced – We used pre-minced garlic
- ~1/2 Onion, diced
- ~1/2 Bell pepper, diced
- 3-4 TBS Hot Sauce (scroll to the bottom if you don’t like hot sauce)
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 2 TBS Soy sauce – We use Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 TBS Parsley
- *Red pepper flakes to taste – OPTIONAL – This adds a little heat to the dish! I use about a 2 tsp.
1. Mix olive oil, hot sauce, soy sauce and parsley in a bowl. Cut the chicken into cubes add the chicken to the bowl, mix until chicken is coated.
2. Start boiling your rice.
3. Once rice is boiling, start cooking the chicken.
4. Add 1-2 TBS of butter to sauté pan (If you want to keep it a little healthier, use olive oil) and cook the chicken on medium-high heat until browned. Do not dump all the juice into the pan. Save some for later.
5. Make broccoli or any veggie you like. We often use steamer bags, but you can use fresh if you prefer.
6. Once chicken is browned, add 1 TBS of butter and add diced onions, bell peppers and minced garlic (and red pepper flakes if desired) Let cook for 1-2 minutes. Add remaining marinade.
7. Once the onion, peppers, and garlic are cooked, add everything to the rice. Stir until combined.
8. Serve and ENJOY!!
The amount of hot sauce recommended does not make this very spicy, so don’t worry if you don’t like it hot. It will help flavor the dish though. We often use a garlic hot sauce which is a great option if you just don’t like the flavor of hot sauce. If you like hot sauce, I often end up adding more as a condiment because I like it spicier than Brittany.